Monday, April 29, 2013

Hokie Gajan





 
  • Sent: 4/20/2013
  • Received: 4/25/2013
  • Time: 5 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1985 Topps

I'm back! First TTM batch since mid-2010. Life got crazy for me for a little bit, but now I've come back to my favorite hobby.

The first one back came in a lightning quick 5 days from former New Orleans Saints running back Hokie Gajan. Hokie was a Louisiana native who was a high school star in the state, then went on to play for LSU. In 1981, Hokie was drafted by the Saints to complete the cycle, staying in the state. And with a name like Hokie Gajan, he was pretty much a symbol of the state of Louisiana. In 1984, Hokie actually averaged 6.0 yards per carry making him third all time in NFL history for average rushing yards in a season for any back with more than 100 carries. Hokie has managed to prolong his Louisiana football career even more and is currently the color commentary man on Saints radio broadcasts.

This card was from the lot of 1985 Topps that I bought on eBay a few years back. I honestly didn't know much about Hokie until I got this card and started researching him. A fun way to learn more about football history.

No comments:

Post a Comment