Saturday, August 21, 2010

Matt Snider



  • Sent: 8/9/10
  • Received: 8/18/10
  • Time: 9 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 2001 Pacific

This was a fun one. Every once in a while, I like to take a break from sending to the same people that everyone else sends to and do my own research to track down a pretty obscure player. Matt Snider was a fullback at the super-tiny University of Richmond (Home of the Spiders!). He managed to show enough heart and drive to earn a couple of mini-camp trips with the Panthers, but nothing ever came of it. Somehow, though, he managed to attract the attention of the mighty Green Bay Packers. He went into 1999 training camp as a 4th string fullback, but defied the odds to make the team, serving primarily on special teams. He wound up spending two seasons with the Packers. In 2001, he spent 4 games with the Vikings. In 2002, he was released at the end of training camp by the Houston Texans and his NFL career was over. Oh yeah, and in high school, he played basketball with some guy by the name of Kobe Bryant. Nowadays, Snider lives in San Diego where he works as a personal trainer.

I actually didn't have a card of Matt Snider. I just remembered seeing him play a little bit, and I came across his entry on wikipedia. On a whim, I ordered this card of him during one of my orders from 5th Quarter a couple of years ago. I finally got around to sending it out after tracking down the address for his personal training business. 9 days later, I've got a nice-looking and pretty obscure autograph into my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment