Thursday, August 12, 2010

Robert Awalt



  • Sent: 8/4/10
  • Received: 8/11/10
  • Time : 7 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1989 Pro Set

Robert Awalt was an extremely talented tight end and I have fond memories of him as a Dallas Cowboy. Awalt began his career in 1987 as a 3rd round draft pick of the St Louis Cardinals. He did so well in strike-shortened 1987 that he won the NFC Rookie of the Year award. In 1990, he and Jay Novacek both made the move from the Cardinals to the Cowboys. Novacek became the favorite target of quarterback Troy Aikman and Awalt's career never quite made it back to the levels of his days with the Cardinals. He finished out his career with two seasons with the Buffalo Bills. Nowadays, he lives in California and works for a title company.

Ok, the card is a funny story. I had seen a bunch of returns for him lately and I wanted in on that, but strangely enough I could not find one in all my cards (which are extensively from the early 90's). A couple of days later, I bought my son one of the multipacks from Academy that has a bunch of packs of "older" cards. One of the cards was this one of Awalt. I quickly stole it from him.

Bwahahahahahahaha.

Ahem.

No comments:

Post a Comment