Monday, May 13, 2013

Blaine Bishop

Sent: 4/25/13
Received: 5/10/13
Time: 15 days
Autographed Items Received: 1997 Topps

Blaine Bishop was one of my favorites. I was a big time Oilers fan until their sad defection to Tennessee. Blaine was one of the big stars at the time they moved to Nashville. A hard-hitting safety who was an 8th round steal out of Ball State in the 1993 draft, Blaine went on to make 4 pro bowls and played for the Houston Oilers, Tennessee Oilers, and the Tennessee Titans. Blaine spent his final season in 2002 with the Philadelphia Eagles. After retirement, Blaine got into broadcasting and now hosts a sports radio talk show on Nashville and coaches defense at an area private high school.

1997 represented the last year I really tried to collect football cards. I bought a few packs of Topps, one of which produced this card. After that, I really changed my focus to strictly autographed cards and rarely bought new packs of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment