Friday, May 10, 2013

Hassan Jones

Sent: 4/27/13
Received: 5/8/13
Time: 11 days
Autographed Items Received: 1990 Pro Set, 1992 Pacific

This one is still perplexing. I had seen several people report successes from Hassan Jones on Sportscollectors.net so I dug up the only two cards of his I have in my commons box and mailed them off. A week later, I got my envelope bag only to find the cards unsigned along with a handwritten note from Hassan. Hassan said that I was just in time because he had started collecting fan information and wanted me to send a signed resume and a contact number and then he would sign my cards. After a few minutes of debate, I made an accurate but condensed version of my résumé and sent it off again. Guess it worked!

Hassan Jones was a solid third receiver to compliment the great duo of Anthony and Cris Carter for the Vikings from 1986-1992. Hassan finished his career playing 7 games for the Chiefs in 1993. Unfortunately he's had a string of poor choices post-retirement including several criminal acts (domestic violence, DWI, etc). I kinda had a hard time with this one, since he hasn't been the most upstanding person, but still....his career and these cards were part of my childhood so I went for it. Incidentally, the cards look awesome signed.

No comments:

Post a Comment