Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gerald Williams




  • Sent: 6/16/10
  • Received: 6/26/10
  • Time: 10 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1991 Pro Set, 1992 Pacific

I returned home just now from my weekend at the Coast, and found this return waiting for me. Gerald Williams was an interior defensive lineman for 12 seasons in the NFL. The bulk of that time was spent with the Pittsburgh Steelers where he played in Super Bowl XXX. At the end of his career, he spent two and a half seasons with the Panthers and finished up 1997 with the Packers. After his retirement, he returned to the Carolina Panthers organization, serving as a scout for many years. At different times, he was a pro scout and a college scout. In 2009, Williams joined the coaching staff of the Division II Catawba Indians, serving as their Tight Ends coach. He is still in that position today.

I truly appreciate every single autograph that I receive. These guys don't owe me anything, so anything they do for me is a bonus. Gotta admit, though...it sucks when these guys use Sharpies that are probably a hundred sigs past their prime. Oh well, I still appreciate the gesture.

No comments:

Post a Comment