Saturday, June 12, 2010

Mike Kenn




  • Sent: 6/3/10

  • Received: 6/12/10

  • Time: 9 Days

  • Address: Home

  • Autographed Items Received: 1991 Fleer, 1992 Topps, 1992 Fleer, 1993 Topps

Mike Kenn was a tremendous tackle for the Falcons for an incredible 17 seasons. The feat of his longevity is even more impressive, due to the fact that he started 251 games in his career. He was "only" 275 pounds, which by today's standards is quite light for an offensive lineman. I'm not sure why he hasn't come up as a serious candidate for the Hall of Fame, but I think he should certainly be in the conversation.


The cards are another interesting story. Way back in 1994, when I first started caring about the "condition" that my cards were in, I bought a bunch of card protective pages and put in some cards of players that I considered potential future hall-of-famers. Yes, I was a dorky sports fan as a 13 year old. Anyway, I put the pages in a little binder and they kinda got forgotten. I found the binder in amongst a bunch of stuff that I moved out of my childhood home 5 or 6 years ago. It was a cheap binder and the heat of the garage had melted the pages together. Strangely enough, about 75% of the cards were still in good shape. All 4 of these cards came from that binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment