Monday, July 19, 2010

Bill Maas




  • Sent: 6/2/10
  • Received: 7/19/10
  • Time: 47 Days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1985 Topps, 1991 Score, 1992 Upper Deck

Bill Maas was a standout nose tackle for 9 seasons with the Chiefs. He made two Pro Bowls in that time frame and anchored the defensive line (including during a few seasons with the great Derrick Thomas). He finished his career with his final season spent with the Green Bay Packers. Maas entered the league as the 5th overall draft pick in the 1984 NFL draft. After his career ended, Maas joined the broadcasting team of FOX. He spent four seasons as a color commentator on NFL broadcasts and was then moved into the studio up until 2007. He's also had his fair share of issues since 2007, including a drug arrest and a couple of weapons issues. I found a 2008 article that indicated that he has experienced some mental issues stemming from his days in the NFL.

The 1992 Upper Deck card is one that I found in my garage. It was just kinda laying there in another box of cards for years. I came across it the other day when my wife was yelling at me to clean out the garage! Sent it off and a month-and-a-half later it's signed and in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment