Thursday, July 1, 2010

Jim Morrissey




  • Sent: 6/24/10
  • Received: 7/1/10
  • Time: 7 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1991 Score, 1992 Topps

Jim Morrissey was a solid starting inside linebacker for the Chicago Bears for 9 seasons. He finished up his career with a few games in Green Bay. When Morrissey first entered the league, he got to spend his rookie season with that awesome Bears team that dominated the entire season and easily won Super Bowl XX. In fact, he was part of the "Shuffling Crew" in the wildly popular Super Bowl Shuffle video. I was 4 years old that year, and that's the first Super Bowl I have a memory of watching. I even remember the hoopla that accompanied the Bears. They were brash, they were arrogant, and they backed it up. I really feel the need to find that video and watch it again. The 80's were awesome.

As for the cards, the 1991 Score cards was the first "box" of cards I ever got. 36 packs. My mom bought them for me for my birthday. I spent hours opening and savoring all those packs. Then, I tried putting together a complete set but never quite made it. I sent a lot of my doubles off for TTM autographs back in the 1992-1994 time frame during my first round of TTM collecting. I would never send out a non-double though because I always thought I was going to finish the set. Well, I never did and now I'm sending 'em all out. Glad to have the Morrissey card in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment