Saturday, July 10, 2010

Gary Plummer




  • Sent: 6/8/10
  • Received: 7/10/10
  • Time: 32 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1991 Pacific, 1992 Pacific

Gary Plummer was a hard-nosed blue-collar inside linebacker for a whole lot of years in the NFL. Coming out of the University of California, Plummer went undrafted in the 1983 draft. Undeterred, he then spent 3 years making a name for himself in the upstart USFL for the Oakland Invaders. After the league folded, he caught the attention of the San Diego Chargers and earned a starting spot with them in his very first season. He stayed there for 8 seasons before moving back upstate to the 49ers. He spent four more years in San Fran, and earned a Super Bowl ring with them (coincidentally, by defeating his long-time team - the Chargers). Nowadays, he is a radio color analyst for 49ers games.

I actually sent 4 cards with this request, but he kept 2 of them. Not a problem at all to me. Hopefully, he uses them well. HOWEVER, he did answer the questions I asked on my letter. I always love that.

As a side note, I always ask three questions in all my request letters and they are generally personally tailored to that specific player. Makes for some great information!

No comments:

Post a Comment