Saturday, July 3, 2010

Curtis Duncan




  • Sent: 6/14/10
  • Received: 7/3/10
  • Time: 19 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1991 Score, 1992 Ultra, 1992 Score, 1993 Pro Set, Index Card

Curtis Duncan was a part of one of the golden eras of my football watching....the old Oilers Run n' Shoot offense. He was part of the receiving corps that also consisted of Haywood Jeffries, Ernest Givins, and Drew Hill. Duncan was immensely talented and put up great numbers despite being not exactly the prototypical wide receiver. Around 1992, he actually became one of Warren Moon's favorite targets and racked up almost 1000 yards receiving that season.

Mr. Duncan was one of my favorites and I actually got to meet him way back in the day. In the late 80's, the Oilers had their training camp in San Marcos, TX which was near my house. I spent a LOT of time there (thanks, Mom!). I met him there and he was EXTREMELY pleasant and gracious to everyone he came across. Just a great, great guy. This definitely continued with this autograph request. He signed all 4 of my cards (and they look great, by the way) and included his own index card with a quick note thanking me for writing and he signed that also. 17 years after his career ended, he's still one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment