Thursday, July 8, 2010

Rob Moore




  • Sent: 6/23/10
  • Received: 7/8/10
  • Time: 15 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1992 Pacific, 1992 Ultra, 1995 Upper Deck Collectors Choice

Rob Moore was one of those upper-mid-level receivers of the 1990's. He was very, very good but never quite in the category of the Jerry Rice's and Andre Reed's. Part of that was that he spent his career in the NFL netherworlds that were the Jets and Cardinals of that decade. Without a steady QB to throw to him, he still managed to rack up some impressive numbers. He went to the Pro Bowl twice in his career, once with each team. In 1997, he caught 97 passes for 1,584 yards for the Cardinals for the best season of his career. In 2009, Moore returned to his alma mater of Syracuse as a Wide Receivers coach. I sent this request in c/o of the Orange athletic department.

Mr. Moore is a prime example of the benefit of studying trends in the TTM collecting hobby. I don't profess to have a lot of knowledge in this hobby, and I get out of the hobby quite often for months. However, one thing that I do when I'm involved in it is religiously follow who is receiving who through the great website http://www.sportscollectors.net/. The last time that I was involved in the hobby on a regular basis, Rob Moore was a total non-signer TTM. Even back in his playing days, he was hit or miss. I was checking out his trends and noticed that he had been signing for a few people recently. I quickly grabbed my cards, wrote my letter, and sent it out. 15 days later, I have 3 BEAUTIFULLY signed Rob Moore cards for my collection that I never really expected to have! I love this hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment