Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jim Dombrowski

  • Sent: 7/23/10
  • Received: 7/29/10
  • Time: 6 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1991 Upper Deck, 1992 Topps, 1992 Pacific
First of all, I had a GREAT day today for returns. Best since I started collecting again. Days like today really make this hobby fun.


Jim Dombrowski was a spectacular college lineman and got some high accolades at the University of Virginia. So high, in fact, that he came out of college in 1986 as the 6th overall draft pick by the New Orleans Saints. He quickly became a fixture on the Saints o-line, and he remained there for his entire 11-season NFL career. Hard-working and extremely intelligent, he achieved his Master's degree while simultaneously playing NFL football. Talk about multi-tasking. In 2008, Dombrowski was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame and his jersey number has been retired by Virginia. These days, he works as a financial planner in Louisiana.

These are my typical early 90's commons box cards. Weird thing is, I've been meaning to send these TTM for the past several years. Every time I get back into the hobby, I intended to send to Mr. Dombrowski but for whatever reason, I've neglected to all this time. I finally got around to it and I'm rewarded with great looking cards just 6 days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment