Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tim Goad



  • Sent: 7/7/10
  • Received: 7/21/10
  • Time: 14 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1990 Fleer, 1991 Topps, 1997 Pacific Philadelphia

Tim Goad was a rock solid defensive tackle for 9 years in the NFL. Most of that time was spent with the New England Patriots, where he plugged the middle for many years. In 1995, he was traded to the Cleveland Browns. He spent a year there and then moved with the team to Baltimore where he finished his NFL career as a Raven in 1996. His post-NFL career is actually just as interesting, as he is now the jackman in the pit crew for Kevin Harvick Racing. Also, he's recently gone into professional bass fishing. He's a renaissance man!

1991 was the first year that I started somewhat thinking about the condition of my cards. I started reading a few old Becketts and Tuff Stuffs, so I made a half-hearted attempt in 1991 to keep them in good condition. Well, a 10 year old wasn't going to do that great a job of keeping them pristine. I did, however, keep them in their own box. This 1991 Topps card came from that box. The rest of the cards were add-ons that I picked up from 5th Quarter.

1 comment: