Friday, July 16, 2010

Steve August




  • Sent: 6/28/10
  • Received: 7/16/10
  • Time: 18 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1984 Topps

My parade of older offensive linemen returns keeps on rolling. Steve August spent 8 seasons with the Seattle Seahawks when they were still a fledgling franchise. He was their first-round draft pick in 1977 (14 pick of that draft overall), when the Seahawks were only a year old. Though never quite living up to his draft status, he still made a nice career at the tackle position. Midway through 1984, he went to the football mecca of Pittsburgh to play his final year for the Steelers. He is now a financial planner based out of Tulsa, Ok. He returned the letter I wrote to him with a note on the bottom answering my question about his most memorable moment. It was beating the Dolphins, led by a rookie Dan Marino, in the second round of the 1983 playoffs.

I actually have NO idea why I bought this card. I came across it years and years ago at a card shop singles box. I bought it for a few cents and kept it all this time. I had never heard of him prior to buying that card and I have no idea what made me buy it. Pretty cool that now it's wound up being a part of my autograph collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment