Sunday, July 25, 2010

Kyle Brady



  • Sent: 6/15/10
  • Received: 7/23/10
  • Time: 38 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1995 Score Summit, 2000 Pacific, Fellowship of Christian Athletes card

Kyle Brady was a solid tight end who lasted 13 seasons in the NFL. He came out of Penn State (a team that I have already documented my love for) in 1995 as the 9th overall draft pick by the New York Jets. He was a bit of an underachiever considering his draft position and who we was drafted in front of, and lasted only 4 seasons with the Jets. In 1999, he moved on to the Jacksonville Jaguars where he came into his own as a tremendous blocking TE and he was extremely reliable, rarely missing playing time. He finished his career off in 2007 with one season with the New England Patriots (the season where they alllllmost went undefeated....except for that Super Bowl). Wasting no time at all, Brady got into broadcast when his playing career ended, and he is now an analyst for the Big Ten Network.

I've had the 1995 Score card since, well, 1995. It was a little bit after my football card obsession, but I had wondered into a card shop that was open for all of two weeks, and they had a lot of 1995 Score commons out. I picked up this card and one of Todd Collins (that I got signed TTM that year). Took me 15 years, but now I got this one signed too. Mr. Brady was very kind to add the signed religious testimony card. That's always a nice touch and one that I'm very appreciative of.

No comments:

Post a Comment