Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rich Camarillo




  • Sent: 7/14/10
  • Received: 7/23/10
  • Time: 9 days
  • Autographed Items Received: 1988 Topps, 1991 Topps, 1991 Pacific, 1992 Ultra, 1993 Topps

Rich Camarillo was one of the premier punters of the late 80's and early 90's. I think about him in the same category as the late Reggie Roby. He lasted 16 years in the NFL, with most of his success split between the New England Patriots and the Phoenix Cardinals. He also had stints with the Rams, Oilers, and a final year with the Raiders. He was named to 5 Pro Bowls during his career and holds a few NFL punting records that are still standing. Camarillo was selected as one of the Patriots 50 Greatest Players. In 2006, he coached his son's little league baseball team all the way to the Little League World Series. He currently resides in Arizona.

I actually received 3 signed cards from Mr. Camarillo in 2007 and I was extremely impressed with how great his signed cards look. I found that I had 5 more of his cards in my collection so I wrote him again. I told him straight-up that I had already gotten his autograph semi-recently, but that I would love it if he would sign whatever he wanted and keep the rest of the cards. He graciously signed all five of them for me. Like always, they look fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment